Saturday, June 7, 2008

We're back!!!

Check out our blog for other entries. http://grayclanfan.blogspot.com/

So a lot has been going on in the Jon Gray family over the past 2 months. There's been 2 vacations (one yet to be blogged about), Mother's day, and Preschool Graduation (blog coming). With all the "big" things happening that I've been trying to write about, I haven't been able to post some of the fun pictures on our down time around here. You know the everyday stuff that makes life so much fun. So here's an entire entry devoted to the mundane everyday life of the Gray's.

Jonathan has a tendency to keep a pencil or writing utensil behind his ear. One day Cooper came up to me looking like this and said, "Look mom, I'm Dad!"


The first bath where Douglas got to join his big brother's. He loved it!!! Oh and he's a big time splasher! Giving him a bath one must always plan on getting very wet, even if they're outside the tub.




The kids are BIG into coloring and drawing. They love to color and then immediately put whatever they've just done on the fridge. Needless to say our fridge was always covered in multiple pictures. I was tired of the messy look, geez our kitchen is small enough as it is. But they're pictures do mean a lot and I want them to know how proud I am of them. So we bought some cheap cork boards and have them on the wall in the stairwell. They each have their own and they get to chose which pictures they want up on them. They love it!!! And I love my clean fridge. :-)



I caught Jackson like this last week. He sure was having fun.


On Memorial Day we planted our garden. Better late then never. I should have taken a picture of what it looks like now! Oh well. Things are finally growing great. We had a bit of a problem the first few days with something coming in the night and eating an entire tomato plant down to little stubs. But after putting up a small fence and replacing the plant, we're now on the road to a hopefully productive garden experience. We have planted: 3 tomato plants, 2 zucchini plants, 3 green bellpeppers, peas, spinach, and cucumbers. We'll let you know how it goes seeing how neither Jonathan or I consider ourselves green thumbs. More like yellow or brown since that's what color plants usually turn when we take care of them.

The kids loved helping us out with they're little shovels. They helped mix the dirt and then water after we were all done. Douglas on the other hand didn't have quiet as much fun. It's a bummer being the littlest!




I feel very safe with my little super hero's around.

4 comments:

El Steve-O said...

Douglas has this, "Why is everybody always picking on me?" look on his face. It's awesome. And Jackson definitely is going to be quite GQ when he's older.

Rob said...

The garden looks fabulous. Good luck in getting lots of yummy food from it. Our garden is planted too, just not flourishing yet. This crazy weather has totally confused our plants! Keep having fun at home! We will try to do the same. -Diedre

Jason said...

Great idea with the picture boards! Your place is very similar to our floorplan, and we'll look at doing that on our very steep stairway. I just love Douglas' hair!

Jason said...

I don't know how I missed the Cooper's pen behind the ear bit! What a crackup!