Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Stuff

I feel like life has been weird around here lately. Jonathan is working in the oral surgery clinic right now, but, there are only 2 of them there to take call (this whole month). Which means that he's on call every other night. And the nights he's not on doesn't mean he gets to come home at 5pm. It's still usually either right before the kids go to bed or not until 11pm. It's a tiring schedule and we don't get to see him much. So I feel like I've just been surviving. My hat is off to all those single parents out there. It's hard being the only person there for your kids emotionally, physically etc. I'm just drained by the end of the day.

We try to make the most of our time with Jonathan when he is around. But it's tricky when there's so much work to do around the house. So Saturday (Jon was actually on call) we worked out in the yard ALL DAY! We were lucky enough that Jon didn't have to go in until the evening. The boys loved it. Running around "helping", which actually means moving piles of branches from one area to another. Not really helpful, but it kept them busy and made them feel important. At the end of the day I asked Jackson, "Wasn't that fun playing outside all day?" To which he replied, "We weren't playing Mom! We were working. And it was HARD work."

While Jonathan was mowing the lawn that evening, Jackson disappeared for awhile. When he came back outside he was dressed like this.

This picture was actually taken the day after. So minus the fact that he's wearing PJ's in the picture, this was what he looked like. He had put on his backpack, found that white tube and put one end in the backpack and the other in his mouth. He came up to me and said, "Mom look, I'm a fireman. And this is my breathing tube so I can go into the fire." He then acquired my gardening gloves and a batman face mask also. (sorry I didn't get a picture with those on) He ran around playing fireman the rest of the evening. The vacuum hose was later added by me to give Cooper something cool too, but he wasn't diggin it, so Jackson happily snatched it up. I have to say, the outfit's beginning to look eerily like Ghostbuster's.

This next picture is a tribute to my wonderful, loving, hardworking husband. Believe it or not, I don't think he'd even been home for 20 min. He sat down to check his email and this was how he ended up. We love you Jonathan/Daddy!! We miss you, but are so glad you work so hard to make our lives better. Some day we'll get normal sleep, and then we'll wonder how we got to be so boring. :) Here's to making lots of fun memories during this once in a lifetime experience!

No comments: