Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Day

My apologize for the onslaught of pictures. Since we were on our own for Christmas, I wanted to make sure to put in pictures of the boys opening presents from Grandparents and such. You know, so they could feel apart of it. :)
Christmas morning the boys woke up...early of course. I don't remember what time it was, but early enough that I told them to go watch cartoons in their room until it got light outside. We set a specific time, and Jackson kept coming into our room to check our clocks. Finally the blessed time arrived, and we got to go down stairs. Now my family always had to wait for mom and dad to get dressed and they would go out first with cameras and take pictures of us as we came out. So I was a little thrown when Jackson ran down the stairs the min Jonathan and I rolled out of bed. I know I know, it was mean of me to make him wait as long as I had already. But come on I thought 7am was a reasonable time to be getting up.
We had to call Jackson back upstairs while we got the baby up, and the cameras ready. He was itching to get back down because he had already seen that....Santa had come!!!
Finally all our duck were in a row, and we let the boys come down stairs.

Santa presents are a free for all. Everyone opening everything up, so I was glad that I got to catch both of their faces when they opened their big present from Santa.

For Jackson it was a Star Wars lightsaber that pops up by itself and also glows.

Cooper's was also a Star Wars lightsaber.

Only, his doesn't pop up on it's own. Instead it can change from green (goodguy) to red (badguy). They were both pretty happy about how smart Santa was. I mean, how did he know they wanted those?!!!

Santa must have been really tired by the time he got to our house, because the only toy that Douglas got from him, never made it to his stocking. The book he got made it there, but for some reason the Little People carwash playset was still sitting in the dining room in a clear plastic bag. Jackson saw it after he opened up his lightsaber and got all excited and said, "Look mom, I think Santa left this one for Douglas over here!" He must have noticed the absence of presents in Douglas' stocking. Opps!!

I'm glad Douglas didn't mind. :)

Thanks Grandma/pa Regas for the cards!
(See that different color square of paint behind the picture on the wall? That's the color we ended up painting the whole lvrm 2 days after Christmas)





Thanks Grandma/pa Orme for all the loot. The helicopter was a big hit. So much so that after 3 days of being dragged around everywhere picked up and dropped repeatedly (on a hardwood floor mind you) the noise on it will no longer work. :(
Another note on this picture. We (for our own family) decided to make our Christmas gifts to each other. The necklaces I have on where both made by my wonderful little boys. The brown one by Cooper, the white and blue one by Jackson. They picked out the beads and strung them, Jon did everything else. Thanks for being such a good sport about the homemade gifts honey!!!





Thanks Grandma Lila for the game!!!

It was a simple Christmas, but that only made it all the more wonderful. We really wished we could have been with relatives, but we can't complain too much. We have a lovely warm home of our own and got to spend a lot of time with each other since Jon's rotation for the month was finished before Christmas. All in all it was a great Christmas!!!

No comments: