Saturday, July 4, 2009

IKEA! (Our Last Day in Pittsburgh)

No trip to Pittsburgh would be complete without a stop into IKEA. And we both really wanted to try the breakfast they had (we're already big fans of the other food). So we checked out of the good ol' Red Roof Inn, and drove around the corner to the Blue and Yellow store of happiness. Here's a picture of Mindy sitting down to breakfast (if you must know, I'm the one carrying the camera most of the time, so Mindy has to put up with me always taking pictures of her. Thanks babe for putting up with me!):
We picked up a couple of dressers for our spare bedroom. We also picked up a few other odds and ends (how can you not when visiting IKEA?). We loaded up the car and then went back in for lunch! We really love one of the desserts they have. Here's a pic of our car loaded up and ready to go (you can't really tell from the photo, but Mindy put her luggage under the top box to make sure it didn't "tibble." I've never heard of the word, but I'm sure she was thinking of three words like topple, tip, and wobble and just combined them into one concise word, "tibble," which I'm thinking of submitting to Merriam-Webster):

3 comments:

Heidi Mae said...

Gotta love Ikea! We're lucky enough to have one in our city and I lived there when we first moved here. One because it was July, I was 6 months pregnant, and it was air conditioned. Two they have really cheap hotdogs and soda (nice summer dinner when I didn't feel like cooking). And three because we needed furniture and even though they have low prices, I'm a super bargain hunter so I had to keep coming back to see what they'd put on clearance. And it paid off, we got our large dresser for our room for a ridiculously low price. But one thing I don't like about Ikea, I know could there really be something, is the shopping carts. They're cool unless you're pregnant with an extra large child and no longer have use of your stomach muscles. Then they can become a dangerous weapon. I almost ran into so many things...including people. :)

Rob said...

Guys, I have to admit, I am jealous of your trip to Falling Water and Ikea.... I have yet to go to FW... I know, how can I call myself an architect!? As far as Ikea goes, I cannot drag Diedre there. Whenever I want to go it is a very solitary, lonesome experience.... so I try to take one of the kids as well.

Love ya!
Rob

Jon said...

Man, easy with the IKEA promo. Heidi loves that place! Now I got to get her to simmer down...