Saturday, December 1, 2012

The season is upon us

The pretty and fun Christmas music is playing.  Peter even found a song that he loves so much that he will not let another song play before he turns it back to that one.  Caleb is getting pretty sick of this song, but not Peter.  It seems to be his theme song this year.  It is called, "Spotlight on Christmas" by Rufus Wainwright.  I think Peter likes the catchy, fun beat of the music most of all.
The house is looking very festive.  The trees are decorated and shining brightly.  I was about to clean up the scattered toys and beads strewn everywhere under the tree before I took this picture but then I stopped myself.  I thought to myself that this is my house, with kids and messes here and there, and I am happy with it, and I am thankful for it.  Even the messes, they prove that I have happy, healthy children who had fun today.

 And speaking of fun, these gingerbread houses were awesome to make!  What a fun tradition.  William is not seen in this picture because he was down on the floor, with a pot, about to throw up from eating way too much candy while making his gingerbread house.  But luckily for him, he did not throw up.  Each of us had a mini-house to decorate.  We all loved it!  Yeah for Christmas!  For the music, the decorations, the traditions, the crafts, the fun times together, and the memories.

No comments: