Friday, November 30, 2007

Big Day




Today was the big day! Jackson has been saving his money for awhile now so he could buy a toy he's been wanting. To earn money he has been doing his chores and then doing extra things like setting the table etc. Today he saw the fruits of his labor when we were able to go to the store and buy the toy he's been eyeing. He was soooo excited. It was so much fun seeing how proud he was walking through the store carrying his toy up to the front to buy. We put all of his quarters in a plastic bag and got lucky to get a cashier who thought this was so much fun and made it a great experience for him. She was very patient and dealt with only him after I made the comment that HE was here to buy a toy with his own money. I made sure to have the camera ready when he handed over his hard earned cash. He got his receipt and change and then he bounced out of the store. I even had another employee come up to me on our way out who said we made his day seeing me taking a picture of Jackson paying for his own toy. Jonathan and I are sooooo proud of him for sticking with this. It's taken him awhile to get enough money to do this. (If you can't tell, the toy he bought is Zurg, who is in Toy Story 2. Jackson loves him)

Jackson says..."I'm so happy that I got eight dollars to buy Zurg."

Love you all

1 comment:

Dacia said...

That is so awesome! Way to go Jackson (and Mom and Dad!) So cute.