Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving weekend


I'm flying!!!

Cute boys

East Rock Park

So all of the visits are done and we realized last night that we don't have anymore plans to see family until...who knows when. Kind of sad. :-(

Dave and Mindy came and stayed with us for the Thanksgiving weekend. We'd never met Mindy, and since she's now a part of the family, it was nice to finally get around to that. We had Thanksgiving dinner, cooked in our VERY small kitchen. We didn't have turkey because we were such a small group and Jonathan doesn't like turkey too much, so a ham was cooked instead. I did pretty much all the cooking (only one person can fit in the kitchen at a time) and I guess I wore myself out because I fell asleep on the couch at about 9:30. I never fall asleep just sitting somewhere! The rest of the weekend was spent watching lots of football (Dave and Mindy wanted to), eating Thai food, going to East Rock park, walking around Yale, and doing a little bit of shopping. For the most part though we just hung out at the house and relaxed.

The boys are doing good. Jackson it loving school and is a little sponge. He comes up with some pretty crazy things and when I ask him where he learned that he says "at my school". This morning it was something about how we need to use our brain so that it doesn't die.
Yesterday after church he told us the whole story of Samuel the Lamanite and asked some pretty deep questions about it. It lead to talking about Jesus being born and Jackson said that Jesus "gave his blood to us". Then we tried and explain that he didn't give his blood to us (like he was thinking)...yeah try explaining the Atonement to a 4 year old who keeps asking more and more questions. The answer, He died so we can live with Heavenly Father again someday wasn't enough for him.

Cooper is a walking injury. A few days ago he was sitting on the arm of the big chair and I told him he better get down before he fell. He looked at me and smiled and then proceeded to fall off the chair a few mins later and landed on his cheek bone and gave himself a blackeye. Then on Saturday he and Jackson were rough housing and Cooper ended up with a nasty rug burn on his chin. While walking around Yale on Saturday he also fell 3 times, once banging his knee pretty hard on the concrete. Will this stage ever end with him?

Jonathan only has this last week in internal medicine before going back to a two month rotation in oral surgery again. He's had fun in this last rotation and even got to do a rectal exam on a large overweight older woman. :-0 We aren't looking forward to the hours of surgery again. We've really enjoyed these last two months of him coming home at 5 almost everyday, and not being on call. As of right now we hear he's on call for the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th weekend of December. And we also heard that they've changed weekend call to having friday night, all of saturday and then all of sunday instead of just having either sat. or sunday. We haven't heard if he's on Christmas day, but there's only 3 residents that can be on call, and I heard from one of the wives that her husband is on call for christmas eve so it's between Jon and the other 3rd year for who's on Christmas day. I don't get a good feeling though. He'll be on call the weekend of our anniversary, but I had him atleast ask off this first weekend of Dec. so we can do something as a family for Coopers 2nd birthday. Back to being a single parent for awhile. :-)

As far as me...well things are going good. Having three hasn't been as hard as I thought, but getting the timing down is what I've struggled with the most. I feel like I'm always running 5 mins late to everything. And it seems that no matter what, Cooper always has to poop just as we're walking out the door to go pick up or drop off Jackson to school. I'm sure I'll get it down soon, it's just going to take some time.
Wow this is getting long. Well I love you all.

Opps...
I forgot to mention the biggest news in our family! We decorated for Christmas last night! Jackson has been bugging me to decorate for almost 2 weeks. We bought a skinny fake christmas tree a few days before Thanksgiving (it's the only thing that will fit in our crowded front room) and put it up, but haven't been able to find the time to decorate it until last night. The boys had a blast and were soooo excited. We're (Jon and I) getting more and more into this whole making a big deal out of holidays. We weren't so good at it when we didn't have kids or even when Jackson was a baby. But now we see how much fun they have with it and it makes it much easier.
Merry beginning of the Season! Have fun!


1 comment:

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

Your Christmas decor looks so cute! Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. I loved reading your entry and getting all caught up on you guys. Sounds like things are going good. Your little one is getting so big and cute like all your other boys!