Friday, December 23, 2011

Making the season fun!

We have been up to some fun things to make the most of the Christmas festivities. To name a few: we decorated pine cones into christmas trees. The boys loved it and they turned out cute.
Last night we drove around and looked at Christmas lights. Haley loved all the pretty lights and we found some really great houses.
The one ugly moment of yesterday was being stuck in traffic when I was supposed to be at the doctors office with Haley. Suffice it to say we did not make it to the appointment and I was in a horrible mood and the boys felt it. For some reason I turned on the radio and what song did I find, Adam Sandler's Hanukkah song. So awesome! My season was complete as I chuckled along with the song and my boys were introduced to it. They would laugh when I did, even though they had no idea why they were laughing, and it got me out of my nasty mood. Perfect!
Now tonight the boys got to sleep under the Christmas tree. Actually the only one that ended up under the tree was William. Caleb is on the couch and Peter is in his bed. Funny kids.
Also tonight we pulled out another Christmas craft and made our own paper snow globes. Peter has a collection of snow globes and the boys all love them. So, we colored our own little pictures, painted them with some glitter glue (for the snowy effect) and placed them on their own little stand. Quite fun.
Then tomorrow night is the Christmas Eve bash at Granny Gray's house. It will be so much fun! I love it!

No comments: