Friday, January 20, 2012

My 3 favorite sounds

It is official! I have determined my three favorite sounds (at the age of 35). I know, things could change. There are a lot of sounds out there that I like. The sound of a working fridge, a working truck engine, kids jumping into a lake, my kids singing a song to themselves, the crackle of a fire. Those are all good sounds. But as I was feeding Haley today I decided on my top three.
  1. The sound of my children happily playing together
  2. Peace and Quiet
  3. The sound of the doorknob turning which tells me Rob is home from work
Kids happily sharing and playing together; with laughter, talking, creative imaginations coming together, and them being content (what brought them together? The ever wonderful LEGOS). Beautiful!
The Peace and Quiet of my home when we are reading a story together or when it is nap time or when all are asleep. It is relaxing.
And how could I not like the sound of knowing that Rob is home to be with us. To help us - yes, but also knowing that he can just hang out and hopefully enjoy the time too.

My house has been full of these sounds yesterday and today. It is nice.

No comments: