Friday, October 11, 2013

VEGGIES!!!

Tonight I heard something I never thought I would hear.  My Caleb, never ceases to amaze me.  Tonight I made stir-fry for dinner.  Yummy stuff like rice, peppers, broccoli, carrots, ham, eggs and soy sauce for flavor.  It was delicious.  I gave a bowl to Haley and a plate to William and Caleb (Peter refuses all such food that has a smell other than banana or sausage).  I told the boys to just pick out what they would want to eat and have some pear that was at the table.  Now, a bit of back-history.  Caleb is the boy that only eats fruit once a year, and veggies only twice a year.  A real healthy eater.  And Caleb has always gaged at the very smallest piece of rice.  So, he was about out of ham and eggs, and I got him to try a carrot.  He said he really did not like it, but I got him to try it with rice.  He did it.  His eyes widened.  He liked it!  Then he went for a bite of broccoli with rice.  Then pepper with rice.  He liked it all!
He came to the pan to get more broccoli.  Upon seeing the spoonful I gave him he exclaimed, "Veggies!"  Thirty seconds later I heard him telling William, "I like rice."  Thirty more seconds and he was saying that next to country fried steak this was his favorite meal and that if I want him to eat vegetables, to fix this again.  Yeah for trying new things.  Yeah for kids who are willing.  Yeah for big boys who are awesome!!!

No comments: