Friday, November 25, 2016

The breakdown of my birthday

Yeah, that is correct.  I am old. 40 years to be exact.  I have always looked forward to my birthday.  Birthdays are fun, not to be bragging about myself, but just to have fun and celebrate life.  But this birthday, the anticipation was different. Less excitement and more, ugh.  But my kids helped make it a great day.  Thank you family.
The day started off with Haley and Peter getting along quite nicely!!!!!  They were making silly maps together and following each other around the house.
Haley made a sweet note for me and Peter made the heart and brought it to me together.
The sweetness continued when William brought me another handwritten note, wrapped up in a box.
I had a little/slightly challenging basket weaving project for us all to work on together.  It proved to be too much for Peter and he did not even participate.  Caleb became quite frustrated at one point and had to take a breather.  But in the end the baskets turned out so cute and it was all worth it.
 The birthday food was great!  Carmel corn, YUM!  But see that clean counter, did not last for long.  And see those bowls of popcorn, oh buddy.  Not big enough by any means.  But oh it was tasty!  Plus the hash browns for breakfast were perfectly crispy and yummy.  And the homemade taquitos for dinner were a great choice.
 I gave each of the kids a little treasure and they gave me a gift of playing together happily for a while.  I love the innocent play of happy children.  Here Peter is demonstrating the scream his mine craft guy would constantly make during the game, it was quite comical.
 The craziness kept building after dinner.  It think it had to do with all that carmel corn.  We got out some games and had a lot of fun.  Peter and Haley got bored after a bit and went in the other room to build with blocks.  Here Haley is showing me her grapes and Peter is doing what he does best.
Before it became too crazy... Rob and Peter were going at it and William was winning big time, but not without some good efforts on our part.  William had put hotels on Baltic Ave. and Mediterranean Ave.  The rent on those babies were $250 and $450, he was really excited about that.
It was a fun birthday.  Sometimes crazy, sometimes trying to fight off the boredom of bickering kids....but it was successful.  At least for me, 40 might not be so bad.  Thank you family, for making me feel loved and helping me have fun.

No comments: