Saturday, August 16, 2008

Gold X8

So I just read a headline that NBC is worried that their ratings are going to drop after the swimming ends (meaning, no more Michael Phelps). I sat in front of the tv tonite watching the Olympics...waiting to see Phelps & Co., going for #8/8. Mind you, I waded through 2.5 hours of the women's marathon...and Bob-the-Snob Costas. Why would NBC possibly be worried about their ratings going down now that The Man (not you, Bob C.) has broken world records in time and number?!

Two and one half hours of women's marathon...how can things get any better... ...?!

Then again, I'm the sucker who watched all 150 minutes of said marathon.

Hey, I was about to witness history. I guess 9000 seconds of skin n' bones in Nikes fighting a mild breeze is a small price to pay. NBC and their ratings...sheesh. Then again, I was so excited to watch the last men's swimming relay that I watched the entire marathon in fear that all of a sudden the running would be cut into for the swimming relay.

Enough bout my worries, here's to US swimming, MP, and NBC.







2 comments:

Rob said...

I agree, the marathon was a bit much but Rob and I actually like the little comments by Bob Costas. We think he is kinda funny and quirky. Our favorite so far was his comment at the opening ceremonies when he talking about "craniums colliding" at high speeds. That was awesome. Love you all and especially love staying up late to watch fun sports. -Diedre

Jason said...

I'm more with Jon on this one...The commentators drive me absolutely crazy!