Thursday, August 12, 2010

Random

I so wish that I had a camera to document some of the things from this week but Rob took it to camp. I am not mad or bummed, I am sure he is taking some great photos up there, all of which will stay on the computer probably unless he does something with them. Heaven knows I have enough of my own photos to scrapbook, who needs more of scouts that have no emotional ties to me? :) Anyway, I will still document some of my small memories from this week.

The first big one is Peter riding a bike, on his own, away from the house, past other houses, around corners, and not making me take the bike back home. Folks, this is big! It is just a little three wheeler, close to the ground, one of those big wheel type jobs but made of metal and heavy. The big thing about it is Peter is doing it on his own and having fun with it. This is Peter, the kid that "Peters around" so slowly that a snail could catch up sometimes. The kid that tells me his legs are tired when we go on a walk and I either need to carry him or kick William out of the stroller so that he can ride. The kid who I generally take the double stroller on trips for just because I know that eventually he will need/want to ride and I do not want to have issues. But here he is, using those leg muscles to ride that bike around with Caleb, keeping up as best he can, and doing a good job of it. Yeah for Peter!

Another moment in time... my wonderful garden which is awesome and I love it. The pumpkin plant is taking over the back yard, the cherry tomato plants are swallowing up the squash plant and everything else around them, the squash plant is planning a take-over of the swing set, and I love fresh zucchini. Oh, and the sunflowers... they are just so happy! I am so glad they are one of Caleb's favorites.

Finally, a memory from last night. We were going to have a camp-out night in the tent, outside, just to be doing what Rob is doing. But, he took the tent to camp. Change of plans. We set up the sleeping bags in the house and settled down for the night. Finally the boys fell asleep and I crawled up on the couch to sleep myself. I know, I am rotten for getting the soft couch. :) So, nice peaceful nights sleep, right? Hardly! I wish I had a camera to take a picture of the many positions of these boys! William was parallel with his pillow, he had his feet on his pillow head somewhere else, he was off the sleeping bag, he was anywhere but in it. Peter never even made it in the sleeping bag, he just rolled here and there through the night. And Caleb has never been a stationary boy while sleeping. He did pretty good for the most part, but had troubles staying covered. At one point though, when Willy had his feet on his pillow and his head at the foot of his bag; Caleb had his head on the pillow and his feet at Willy's head. Then, I do not know 1/2 hour later, Willy had his head on his pillow and Caleb had reversed positions and had his feet on the pillow and his head at the foot of his bag. These boys just swim laps in their sleep and all that rustling and movement just kept me from my beauty sleep. It was wild!

So, Rob will be back on Saturday and then I will have the camera to document the madness of next week. The back-to-school party and sleepover, the Scofield trip with Jonah and Jonathon, then school starting. Man, I should just not have the camera, then I will not have the scrapbook the memories and I would not feel guilty about all the pictures that just sit on the computer. But to see these boys growing and smiling is fun. Even if they keep me up at times.

No comments: