Saturday, April 9, 2011

Springtime in Utah

Ahhh, there is nothing like Springtime. The sun is up longer, more time to play outside without gloves and heavy coats, blooming flowers and rainbows, planting seeds and watching them start to grow, and then the occasional snowfall. That good old snow that stops you from planting when you want to and keeps your seedlings indoors way longer than they need to be.

Case in point, our snowfall from this weekend. Do you love our garden box? Fortunately we have not even thought about planting outside, but just to spite these Springtime snow storms we planted seeds today! HA!

My boys were not the most excited to plant when I wanted to. I was interrupting their play time but I thought playing in the dirt and with the seeds would be fun too. Silly me. We planted pumpkins, zucchini and squash. It will be so fun!

These are our pea plants that are doing beautifully! We planted these a few weeks ago and I am excited to see them grow more. Willy loves carrying his pea plant around and showing everyone. He is so proud. I never started to pay attention to the weather patterns in Utah until I started gardening. There really is no Spring in Utah. Spring kind of does it's own thing without regard to what is expected. I am not complaining, we know not to plant until late May and to maybe even plan on snow for Easter. It's just what happens here. Until May we will watch our seedlings grow in their little cups and hope their roots do not get too crowded until the snow stops for good.

No comments: