Saturday, August 5, 2017

He is home; with an UPDATE

Trek is done, phew!  Glad that is over.  I think my prayers were only 70% efficient.  Others say differently.  As you recall, Caleb started Trek off with his shoes feeling tight.  I do not know how many times I prayed for his feet and shoes and everything else about him, that he would be ok.  We went and picked him up today.  He came home tired, with tired and hurt feet and a head cold.  I will not go into details, but he did get two blisters, and from accounts of others Caleb was basically required to take a ride in the hand cart the last day for a bit.  But the good news:  he said the food was terrific, the hoe down was super fun and he is glad he went.  I am so glad he is home!

UPDATE:::
So fun little "adventure" after Caleb came home.  While we were waiting for him to come home, William showed me a rash that he had found on his belly and arms this morning.  Hmmmmm?? We watched it, waited... and by the time Caleb came home the rash was on William's neck and face and back.  Not bad, no itching, no fever, not even red.  Just small bumps that were annoying to feel.  Well, when Caleb came home with major head cold and ear pressure I made a doctors appointment for both of them.  And may I say, being able to squeeze in a doctors appointment in the same day and not having to wait a week to get it is awesome!!!!  Thank you pediatricians!  So, adventure: We get to the doctor, William does not have a fever, Caleb does.  Doctor looks at William and is surprised that he does not have a sore throat or anything because the rash is telling him William has strep. Great!  The doctor takes a culture and says we will know soon.  In the meantime I have him look at Caleb's ear.  Yup, did not take more than 30 seconds for the doctor to tell me Caleb has an ear infection!  Gets home from Trek.  Hurt feet, exhausted, head cold and an ear infection; tough kid.  Doctor writes up the first Rx for the pink stuff.  5 minutes later he comes in and writes up the second Rx for William, yes; William has strep.  Good times, good times.  Lets just keep it there and no one else get sick.  Or at least we will try.

No comments: