Sunday, January 13, 2008

Birthday Time


I had a great birthday! The celebrations were over a three day period. Some girlfriends from the ward put together a surprise lunch for me on Thursday (thanks Leah). We ate, talked, ate some more and talked some more. It was nice to have adult conversation during the middle of the week! We did most of the celebrating on the 11th. Jonathan made me a birthday breakfast with the works and a dozen roses as decoration for the table. It was nice. I got to open two presents. A book I've been wanting to read 'Love in the Time of Cholera', and a pair of Crocs. I was excited about both but Jonathan said there was one more that he was waiting for in the mail. We spent the rest of the day at the mall so the kids could play and run around. Then we came home for naps and to our surprise there was a box on the doorstep (the last present). So I sat down to open it up and was shocked when I pulled a little blue box out of the shipping box with Tiffany's on it!!! I opened it up and found a sterling silver heart necklace with the initials J C D on it. (that's the kids initials if you didn't notice). I was very touched. I love personal presents like that, and the fact that it was jewelry, from Tiffany's no less was great too. :-) After that we took the kids to some friends house while we went out to dinner and a movie (thanks Dan and Heather). What a great day!!! Then on my actual birthday Jackson and Cooper decorated the house with streamers and sang happy birthday to me all day. Jonathan got called in to the hospital twice but was able to be back in time for us to do cake and ice cream as a family. Great fun...let's do it again next year!!!


2 comments:

Jason said...

Happy Birthday Heidi Mae!!

El Steve-O said...

Aaah! I'm bad people! I had no idea it was your birfday. So, in an attempt to save face, Happy Birfday! How's the 28 club? I'll be joining you in August...