Thursday, January 31, 2008

Handsome Boys






So today I decided that I would dress Cooper and Douglas in matching shirts. I got these shirts from Mom when I had Cooper and would always dress them the same. Silly moms. :-) So I dress Cooper and he's excited about this new shirt he gets to wear and then I get Douglas dressed in his and as I'm putting his pants on Jackson comes in and says, "Where's my matching shirt?". Oh no. I explained that he used to wear the shirt but that now it was too small and I didn't have one big enough for him. He goes into his closet hides in the corner and starts crying. I told him we would find something that almost matched and then we'd all go down stairs and take pictures. He perked up a little and decided that he needed to wear the shirt he has on in the pictures because it had stripes too. I tried my best to convince him that a navy blue polo shirt was almost the same as Cooper's and Douglas', but he wasn't having it.

Today is Jonathan's last day in oral surgery for the next 4 months. His next rotation starts tomorrow in anesthesia. From what we hear it's supposed to be the best 4 months of his residency. Normal hours and NO on call. So we're looking forward to it and the 2 weeks that he'll get off during this time also. He has a big test that he'll have to take in April so it won't be all fun and games since he'll be needing to study for that. But we're still excited at the prospect of having him around more that 2 times a week. :-)

1 comment:

Jason said...

Gouglas is so funny! I wonder if he is like Spencer, and immediately goes completely still when I push the button to take the picture, and the little yellow light on the front of the camera comes on...