Friday, July 18, 2008


Addendum: This is the place (Louis Lunch, contested site of the first hamburger served in America in 1895) that I so wanted to visit last November when we all went to CT together (except for free-spirit David and Mindy). Yeah, I paid $16 for 3 (yes, three) hamburgers, which left a lot to be desired. There is only one way to get the burger: 2 slices of sandwich bread, meat, cheese spread, tomata (their pronunciation) and onion. That's all. That is how it has been served since its first inception back in the day. And there wasn't much flavor.
Heidi's and Jon's reaction was classic: look at each other, ever so slyly (not sly to yours truly), and shoot the look of, "Hmmm...so over-rated!" Yeah, so I guess it's worth it for a piece of history, but as for flavor and satiation...not so much.
I did thoroughly enjoy just hangin out and I think that one day is far too short. If I had the luxury of Mom and Dad spending mega amounts of time, then that would be stellar. But, as it is...

2 comments:

Heidi Mae said...

A one time deal for sure! Atleast the Thai food for dinner made up for it.

Jason said...

Yummy! I love white blah...Hey, Douglas's stroller looks just like Spencer's! Spencer is growing out of it though...Love the fabulous haircuts on the boys!