Saturday, July 19, 2008

YAY!

I just took my second architectural registration exam. I wont know for a few weeks whether I passed them or not, but by then I'll be taking my third. I took the building systems (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire safety) yesterday . . . and I could've sworn I'd studied for it. Walking into the test I didn't think there was much more I could study to be ready. However, as I went through question after question of . . . minutia I began to think the writers had alterior motives, "Ha Ha! Unless he's got a mechanical engineering degree and thirty years experience there's no way he'll figure this one out! Carry on, Boys!" On the flip side, when it was time to draw the reflected ceiling plan with lighting and mechanical, I flew through it.

This morning I actually had fun going through the schematic design exam. There were no questions on it . . . Just two drawings to do. The first was an office layout, the second was a building layout. I finished drawing the offices, and was halfway through my check when my time ran out for the first vignette. The second vignette was to last four hours, but I finished it with a little over two hours left.

Now I need to be off to study for my next test. I love you all,
Rob

3 comments:

El Steve-O said...

Boo to exams! They are not a very good measure of knowledge. Anyway, study hard!

Dave said...

I've experienced exams like that too! Go in to them feeling great and then question everything while taking it... "I swear I studied (insert subject) for the past (insert # of weeks)! What is all this?!?" Good luck with the next one!

Chrystal said...

So great that your artistic skills are being put to good use. Good luck on the next! Your boys are too cute by the way!