Sunday, July 6, 2008

Haircuts 'N Pancakes

So I was sitting at the computer last night, preparing a lesson for church. I had just cut the boys' hair earlier that day, and my own. In fact, I cut my hair with a #2 attachment on the clippers--shorter than ever before.

In the midst of a rare moment of stillness (for him), Jonathan was sitting on the couch that was next to the computer, observing my preparations. All of the sudden he said, "Dad, when I grow up, I'm going to be bald just like you!"






Does anyone remember the ward pancakes/parades we participated in when we were kids? With Willie Hammond, Jack Macdonald, etc. under or overcookin' the food, and the games, and bike decorating, and stuff? I thought they were awesome, and could NOT wait to pull out my bike every year to decorate it and ride in that parade. Then eat pancakes...

Well, our ward did something similar for Flag Day this year, a Parade and pancake breakfast. Being the lazy dad that I am, I forgot to let the kids know in advance for the bike decorating part. It's all good though. The parade route was about 100 feet long, from one side of the church parking lot to the other. And back. Lots of times if you were ambitious.

At least the pancakes were good.

Reminds me of the pancakes Jon, Jackson, Cooper, Grandpa Gray and I enjoyed a couple of years ago in Thousand Oaks for one of their ward breakfasts. They were so good that Cooper and Jackson had to fend off Grandpa the Pancake Thief.

No comments: