Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Burnin' the midnight oil


Well, tomorrow is Peter's birthday and I, trying to be a good mom, have been working on his present.  I have been furiously crocheting a new green blanket to hopefully replace the old, loved to death green blanket of Peter's childhood.  Let's first take a look at the old blanket:

Yes, this thing has seen better days.  It was run over by the stroller a couple of times, thus the huge holes.  There are strings dangling everywhere and it is so stretched out.  But Peter loves it!  So, I thought what better gift that to crochet a new one, out of the same exact yarn, same color, everything!  My plan was great.  But then Peter turned into sort of a punk.  Here I was, dutifully crocheting and one day last week I asked Peter what his favorite color was.  He said, "RED!"  WHATTTTT????  You cannot possibly do that, change your favorite color a week before your birthday and especially since your mom is making a GREEN not RED blanket.  I then asked him what color his favorite blanket was and he said, "Green."  Well, thats something I guess.  So, here is the finished product.  I hope he will like it, accept it and I hope it is big enough because man I am done crocheting for a few days. :)

2 comments:

Dave said...

Ahh, isn't the fickleness of children great? The new blanket looks great, way to go. Wish I could crochet.

Jon said...

Happy birthday Peter!!
I like the blanket!