Saturday, March 8, 2008

Blizzard!

So it may not look as bad in the pictures, but NE Ohio is currently under siege from a snow storm that started last night. I took these this morning around 11am, right before I shoveled the driveway. It hadn't stopped snowing yet, but I decided that shoveling it now while it was only 10'' deep and then shoveling it again once it snowed another 10'' was better than shoveling 20'' later.


Mindy mentioned that I shouldn't have uncovered my car at the time, that way once the storm was over, you wouldn't be able to see my car at all. If you look close enough you can see the snow covering the front-right end of my car. It's going to be fun digging it out. Oh, and I should say that it's a good thing that Mindy has a 4Runner; despite all the taxes we pay, Cleveland Heights still hadn't got around to clearing the roads (except for the major ones), even over 16 hours after the storm had started.


We had several things planned today, but all of them were canceled. It has been nice staying in today while the storm rages outside. We had to make one venture to the post office, but other than that we've just been sitting inside updating the blog, working on the Jackson family videos, and playing Guitar Hero on our Xbox 360. Wish this could happen more often, and on days other than Saturday so we could get more days off from school or work!

2 comments:

El Steve-O said...

So you all got a couple of inches of snow...is that normal for the area? It looks really pretty though

Jason said...

It's nice to know that I am not the only one shoveling snow...