Friday, September 5, 2008

Cute Things

Jonah and Jonathan have said a couple of cute things lately that I thought worth mentioning to you all. Oh, and Spencer says stuff too-mostly he walks around all day and says "Go, go, go." Maybe that is his first word. I don't know what he means by it though.
The other day we were driving home from Mickie D's and Jonah had gotten a new Darth Vader toy. I asked him what it does and he said that it makes the "Darth Vader" sound. "You know...Hooper". I laughed so hard. I never thought as that sound as "Hoooper", but I guess it is.
Learning to read has been such a joy for Jonathan. He is doing exceptionally well, but there are still a few occupational hazards. The other day I had bought some drinks for the kids for after school and I gave one to Jonathan. He attempted to read it by sounding out the words. "C..r..a..p..p..y Sun, Crappy Sun!". I instantly corrected him that "No, it reads Capri Sun." I didn't want him going around saying that word all the time. I had to call Jason right away and tell him. It instantly cheered up his day. Pretty cute!

2 comments:

Rob said...

That is so, so awesome! Kids are too cool, at least when you are looking at it in hind sight. Sometimes the here and now is not so cool. :) By the way, what do you do for all of your after-school snacks? I am having trouble coming up with fun, healthy and easy/new ones for Caleb. -Diedre

Jon said...

I'm w/ you, Jonathan! Crappy Sun! I love it. I guess Darth Vader does sound like he walks around saying, "hooper" all day.