Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's "week"

I am calling this a pretty good week for Mother's day to fall.  We have had some pretty good times.  The weather has been beautiful and that has made for much outdoor play and digging in the dirt and planting fun things that will hopefully grow and blossom.
 Peter and Caleb both had make-up games for soccer this week because of a rain-out and it was fun to watch them play and do so well.   Peter has really been in the game this season and made some great plays for his team, the Green Geckos.  Only really bad point of the week happened when a mom from the other team yelled at me for cheering so loud and hard.  Yeah, that hurt my "soccer mom heart" just a bit but I am over it now.  How can I not get into the game and get excited when these boys play with their heart?  It is just too fun.
 We went up to This is the Place Heritage Park for some fun together on Friday.  We rode around on the train, the boys got a ride on the horse, they panned for gold and saw/pet some fun baby animals.
 They also got to pick up the baby chicks which was very exciting.
More soccer, it is just too fun!!!  Caleb's team has been doing so great this season.  They are mostly all back from last fall so we have played together, same coach and he knows their strengths.  Caleb is back and goalie and he loves it.  He has only had a few games where he has gotten any action because our offense is really strong.  But when the ball gets down to his territory he is ready.  Of course in this picture it does not show anyone around him while he is making the save, but he made plenty of them yesterday.  The pictures that would be truly Sports Illustrated worthy never get captured because Rob and I are too excited or into the game to worry about the camera.  So from my mind's eye picture at least 3 or 4 green players (opposing team) in the goal box with Caleb and he is diving on the ball as they come to pound it in the goal.  Or picture him running up to make a sweet drop kick to his team at midfield before hustling back to defend once more.  Or one of my other proud moments when 2 green players were headed right for him and Caleb had no defense to really help him out.  So, Caleb charged up to the greens, at the top of the box, and stole the ball clean away from them so they could not even get close to the goal.  Now that is my boy showing no fear and taking charge of his job.  Yeah, I like watching my boys play.
Now for those moments when a camera was not handy but they were still great times to be a mom.  We planted our garden this week and it is great.  While we were digging we found an ant's nest and a bunch of ant's eggs.  My boys, being awesome, started digging up the eggs and squishing them with their shovels or fingers.  Sounds quite gross but they were really into it.  Yesterday we also planted some pretty mini-rose bushes in the yard for Haley and Peter.  They are such a splash of color that makes one happy.  Rob and the kids were very sweet to me and got a new printer for us and for me for Mother's Day.  Finally, last night I went to a neighbors house for a moment and when I came back home I was greeted by Haley looking out the front window.  Her face lit up when she saw me and said,  "Mommies outside!  I found her."  Then when I came in she said, "I was looking for you."  Such awesome kids.  
Now, for Mother's Day Sunday itself.  It will be good.  Usually I like to have all my floors mopped, all the clutter piles cleaned away and organized, the bathrooms clean, laundry all done and put away and everything in "apple pie order" just so that the house is nice and I can relax about that.  But, it did not quite happen this year and oh well.  We will go to church and sing our little hearts out.  Then we will come home and we will dig in the dirt that is plant free and have fun with that.  We may even do some painting, we will see what time allows.  Then we will head up to Granny Grays and eat yummy food.  It will be awesome because as I keep trying to remind myself, life is about enjoying the small moments.  

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Have a wonderful Morher's Day. You deserve it.